In 1983 during the early stage of China’s economic and reform, Bank of the Orient was approved to set up its first representative office in Xiamen, Fujian Province. Bank of the Orient was one of the first foreign banks to establish presence in Xiamen – a port city and designated Special Economic Zone directly across from Taiwan that has attracted significant trade and investment. By being one of the first foreign banks in the market, Bank of the Orient was able to help introduce investments into Xiamen including real estate development, promotion of exports, remittance to China, construction development, plus tourism and goodwill.
This representative office was upgraded to full branch status in 1986. Over the past decades, Xiamen has increasingly focused on the cultivation of international trade, education and tourism.
The following are some of the services offered at our Xiamen branch:
- Foreign currency lending and forfeiting
- Inward and outward remittance
- Export trading settlement and operating loans
- Import trading settlement and operating loans
- Import/Export Letters of Credit
- Foreign exchange settlement
- Foreign currency investment
- Foreign currency guaranteed services
- Foreign currency deposits
- Shipping guarantee
- Bills purchase
- International factoring finance