REPORTING FRAUD OR SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES
Reporting Fraud Or Suspicious Activities
For Bank of the Orient Customers
If you come across a suspicious website or email that claims it’s from Bank of the Orient, do not respond to it. Instead, forward these suspicious emails and websites immediately to [email protected].
If you suspect a fraudulent activity involving your Bank of the Orient account, you should immediately contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-881-2686.
To efficiently assist you, please have your account information ready, including identifiers relating to your accounts. Please provide specific details concerning the suspected fraud.
For Non-Bank of the Orient Customers
If you do not have an account with Bank of the Orient, but suspect that:
- A Bank of the Orient account was opened in your name.
- A Bank of the Orient credit card account appears on your Credit Report, even if you do not have one.
- You received suspicious email, mail or phone calls pretending to be from Bank of the Orient.
Please contact our Customer Services Center at 1-800-881-2686 to report any of the above scenarios.
If you are a victim of a Fraud
Immediately report a fraud activity as soon as possible to limit unauthorized transactions and to minimize the time it takes to resolve your credit issues. You also need to take the following steps:
- Place a fraud alert on your credit report by calling any one of the national credit bureaus listed below:
- Inform your credit card companies or banks to close any accounts associated with the fraudulent services.
- File a police report and provide a detailed explanation of the fraud activity in your account.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov or call FTD Identity Theft Hot Line: 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338)